Sunday, October 2, 2011

My First Mud Run

Earlier this year Tai and some friends of ours ran a 5k race.

We had a great time and have been saying we wanted to do another one ever since.

Well, we saw a 5k MUD RUN advertised and decided to go for it!

Basically, it is a 5k race with 14 obstacles thrown in the mix, some of which are climbing through mud!

It was SO MUCH FUN!!!! 

We can't wait to do it again!

(And I totally finished before Tai! HA!)

Here I am rounding the corner for the last set of obstacles (which were a huge cargo net, running through tires, and climbing a wall using a rope).

 

Photobucket

FINISHED!!!

Photobucket


Tai crossing the finish line

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And here we are with our friends who ran the race with us.

From left to right: Keith, Tai, Me, Anthony and Shana

Photobucket


The race was at the Rose Bowl and the first obstacle was running the bleachers of the Rose Bowl! I thought I was going to die after that and I still had over 3 miles to run! lol. But I survived (and did I mention I beat Tai? lol- he is never going to live it down!)

Never in a million years did I think I would ever participate in something like this, but I am so glad I did! It was a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment