Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sams First Day of School

Sam started Pre-School this week! I cant believe she is old enough for pre-school. :(

Although she has been going to this school since she was 18 months, this year she will be in a different classroom with a different teacher and for a much longer day. From 9-2.

And if you know Sam, she doesnt like change and it takes her a LONG time to warm up to new situations.

I was very worried how Tuesday would go so we have been talking about school and how great it is for a couple weeks now. She said she was excited to go. And then I started doing her hair and she started crying that she didnt want to go to school. Calmed her down and tried to get her excited again and it seemed to work.

Then we got to school and you could see the fear in her eyes. She was not happy.  But I still managed to get a couple pictures of her. I made her dress for the first day- she was excited to wear it, but you cant really tell in the pictures. lol


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(In other news, Sadie LOVED the class and would have stayed all day. lol)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I got a small smile out of her!

Photobucket

And then we went and found the babies to try and cheer her up

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

When it was finally time for me to leave she really lost it. Her teacher had to pry her out of my arms while she screamed and cried asking me not to leave her. It was heartbreaking. I let out a few tears too because I fely horrible!

But luckily she has an awesome teacher who called me a little while later to let me know that Sam calmed down and was having fun painting and playing with her friends and that made me feel so much better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment