Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Decorating fun!

I, like most expectant mothers, was so excited to work on the nursery for baby Sadie! Yes, I know I have a few more months to go... but I am one of those people that is always early (ask my husband... he LOVES that we are always the first people to show up for a party! LOL!) so I had to get working on the nursery as soon as we found out it was a girl! I also was excited to work on Sams new BIG GIRL room!! My mom took Sam and I shopping for crib bedding and I had a certain look in my head on what I wanted. After going to a baby bedding superstore and not finding a single set I liked, I was not in the best mood. My mom suggested we stop by Babies R Us, and I went along, not really thinking I would find the perfect bedding there. I was pleasantly surprised! I found an adorable, and totally different from Sam's, bedding set there! * While my mom and I were oh-ing and aw-ing over the bedding... my fashionista 2 year old was browsing the shoe section! Gotta love it! Girl knows whats important in life!

Since my husband is not a fan of painting, that task was left to me. First I tackled Sams new big girl room (that she has not once slept in... one of these days this kid will sleep in her own bed. I am sure of it! She just likes to cuddle too much right now!) I decided to just go with pink for her room. I actually found twin bedding that matched her crib bedding, so all the accessories I had already still matched! Sam was very into "helping" me paint, so shortly after I started I called up Nana and Sir and they came and took Sam for a few hours so I could actually get it done! The finished product! (the pictures are a little dark, I know. I will try to get better ones!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The bow holder I made her to match her bedding and hold her ridiculous amount of bows (and this isn't even all of them- its just all that would fit!) *and I also made ALL these bows! :)

Photobucket

And of course- my adorable baby girl! She wanted me to take her picture so bad.. she followed me around saying "cheese" until I took her picture too!

Photobucket

Next I went to work on Sadies room! I decided to go with 2 colors for her room and add some chair molding. Her bedding is very bold, so I went with paint that matched, but was a couple shades lighter than the bedding. I think it turned out great!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment