Tuesday, June 8, 2010

End of the year teacher gifts

So- today is Sams last day of school! And as I started to type this I realized I didn't leave my camera with my mom so she could take pictures- dang it! Hate when I do that! Well, I did manage to get her teacher gifts made last night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The crochet flowers are attached to clothes pins that I painted and decorted with matching paper and then glued a magnet on the back. Both of her teachers have kids in the class, so I thought it would be a great thing since the kids bring home so much artwork! the pots were just plain terra cotta pots that I spray painted white and used my Ciruct to cut out their names and then Modge Podged them on. I think they turned out pretty cute!

And my nieces are having birthdays soon- Nikki will be 4 on June 10 and Kylie will be 6 on June 18.... the time really goes by way too fast! Nikki wanted some skates for her birthday- so we got her those. For Kylie- who is the girliest-girl in the world, I thought it would be fun to get her some beads so she can make her own jewelry. And I couldn't just put them in a plain bead case, I had to personalize it and add some bling for the Birthday girl! My mom will be going to Minnesota Thursday for the weekend to see the girls, so she will be bringing the gifts out to the girls for us. I really wish we could have gone out there, but being in my last trimester, it just wasn't an option this time. Maybe after Sadie gets here the girls and I can take a trip out there to see them!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and the goods... she can make all kinds of pretty necklaces with these beads! I better win the favorite Aunt award for this present! :)

Photobucket

Don't be surprised if you see this pop up in my store soon! :) Quick- think of all those little girly girls in your life who would just LOVE a bead case like this... and then order one for all of them! :) They would also make the perfect case for all small trinkets, hair bands.... the options are limitless!

And just because I can't resist... here is Sam! CHEESE!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your cute ideas!! And I must admit I logged onto my dashboard just to see if you updated with the finished teacher projects!!!!

    ReplyDelete