Monday, June 7, 2010

Weekend recap

This weekend was a bit of a wash for us. I was really sick at the end of last week and Sam caught it this weekend. We had to skip a birthday party on Saturday since she had a fever, but I sent Tai with the present to represent us! And then on Sunday we had another party for Sam's good friend Brody... but we only stayed for about an hour because she still wasn't feeling well. So we did a lot of laying around this weekend. I did manage to get a few things made since Sam slept for most of the weekend. I will say if there is any benefit to your child being sick... it is the fact that I got to sleep until 8 both days and she slept until after 9! Amazing! Not the part of her being sick... but the sleeping part. You know what I mean! :)

Here is a glimpse of the gifts I made for the birthday kids this weekend. Taylor's birthday was on Saturday and she as turning 8 (I think. I am a bad person and don't know for sure... but I think she was turning 8... shhhh don't tell her parents I have no idea how old their kid is!) Anyways- I thought it would be fun to give her some bead making supplies. I stopped by Michaels, picked up a bunch of beads and a case. I used my new Cricut- which I LOVE- to cut her name out with vinyl. I put it on the case for a personal touch, seperated the beads and wa-la! One super cute bead making kit! I also made a felt flower headband for her as well. I forgot to take a picture of it all wrapped up- but I just used some pretty ribbon to hold it all together. It looked pretty cute!

Photobucket


Photobucket

For Brody- who was turning 2 (and yes, I know this for a fact. Thankyouverymuch) I got a little sand bucket and a bunch of goodies to stick in it. I also broke out the Cricut and some vinyl again to add his name onto it. I just love personalizing the gift! (I loved it so much in fact, that I will be making this identical gift for another party we are going to this weekend!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My sis made the cake and cupcakes for Brody's party (she is quite the little baker. She makes some amazing cakes!) So I thought it would be fun if I whipped up some cupcake toppers- again, on my new super-totally-awesome Crucit.

Photobucket


And the awesome Lightening McQueen cake Stacey made

Photobucket


One more- here is a sneak peak at the teacher gifts I made for Sam's teachers. Her last day of school is tomorrow so I wanted to send her with a cute gift! I should have it all finished by tonight (scratch that. I HAVE to have it done by tonight seeing as she needs to bring them to school tomorrow) so I will share the finished product tomorrow! Hmm... I wonder what this will be.... better check back tomorrow to see! :)

Photobucket


And just because Tai and I got a good laugh over how she was sleeping- here is a picture of my sick lil bug fast asleep.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment